ABOUT SAS :
Full form of SAS is Statistical Analysis System/software .
it is developed by SAS Institute at North Carolina State University from 1966 until 1976. Later it was developed in 1980s and 1990s with the addition of new statistical procedures, additional components.
It was mainly developed for agricultural purposes. But now-a-days SAS is used in most of the sectors. Using SAS, we can do data management, analysis and generates various kinds of Reports(Tables,Listings,Graphs/Figures).Statistical calculations can also be done using SAS.
It is possible to bring data from different kinds of files like Excel,Notepad,Access etc into SAS and can manipulate/alter the data based on the requirement. Also can save the SAS data in various files like Excel,Notepad,Access etc.
SAS contains many components. Using SAS differs from person to person depending on the requirement.Some may use many components /functions but some may use only few. Some of the SAS components are :
- Base SAS – Basic SAS procedures and data management process
- SAS/STAT – Statistical analysis procedures
- SAS/GRAPH – Graphics and presentation
- Enterprise Guide – GUI based code editor & project manager
- SAS EBI – Suite of Business Intelligence Applications
- SAS/PH – Clinical trial analysis etc.
Who Can Learn ?
SAS will help any graduate or post graduate in evolving his career as a sas programmer.
Any Graduates/Post Graduates(Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory, B.Tech,BSc,MSc , Biochemistry Microbiology, Biotechnology, MD, MBBS, BHMS, BAMS, Nursing).
How To Learn?
Training is provided both Online and Self-paced.
1) Online : Training will be given online, where students can interact with trainer, discuss their doubts and get it resolved.
Steps to be followed for online training:
- Attend classes daily from Monday to Friday for one hour.
- After the class, every day students will receive a set of questions based on that days’ class.
- Students have to answer them and mail back to trainers.
- In next day class, first few minutes trainer will discuss your mistakes(if present) done in assignment. You can clarify doubts too.
- Practicing SAS procedures daily is mandatory and we make you to practice.
- Training will long for 35-40 days where first 25-35 training on SAS programming and later days will be on projects.
- In case of absence to the class, depending on the situation topics will be repeated or videos will be provided on missed classes.
- Study materials(soft copy) will be provided and will give you the instructions like how to go through the materials, what study material to read and when to read etc.
2) Self-paced learning : Training videos will be provided to the students. Intially first few videos will be given for free. Go through them and if liked then complete training videos are given after payment.
Steps to be followed for self-paced learning:
- Listen to the classes.
- Mail your doubts to the trainers.
- Answer the assignment and mail to trainers. You will receive a reply if you made any mistakes.
- On weekly basis, online meeting will be arranged with trainers to get your doubts resolved.
- Go through the notes given to you and follow the trainer instructions.